Thursday 10 April 2014

I is for Ireland (A to Z Challenge)

Ireland is without a doubt my favourite place in the world. I can't tell you how many people sent me Happy St Patrick's Day Messages because they know how much I love Ireland and the Irish.

When I first visited Ireland in December 2010, it was a somewhat reluctant visit because one of my besties and I were planning our first European trip and we agreed to a Contiki Trip in London and Paris. When it turned out that we had extra days between us I begged to include a trip to Liverpool so I could visit Anfield and she bartered with a four day trip to Ireland. I would have bartered 20 days in Ireland for one hour in Anfield so we agreed and Dublin, Ireland was our first destination and for me, it was love at first sight.



While I could write 100 blog posts about how much I love Ireland, but I doubt you would want to read that many. So I move along swiftly, when we arrived in Ireland, I instantly fell in love with the Country, The people, the sights and the amazing festive season.





Four days was not enough to get to see all that we wanted too but it didn't matter because before we left we already decided that we were going to return and I did return last year, you can read about it here.

The fear I had about whether I would be disappointment with returning to Ireland, was unfounded. My return to Ireland in August/September 2013 was so much more fun than I could have hoped and I met so many new people and got to reconnect with friends I previously made and that was incredible.  My second trip included Galway which was so picturesque.







Everyone who's ever been to Ireland has only said good things to me and I would agree. There is a warmth to the people that no words could explain the ambiance of the country and people.

Have you been to Ireland?  Where is your favourite place in the World?

No comments: