Saturday 28 December 2013

13 Incomplete Blog Posts of 2013

Here is some of my drafts which never quite made the cut....


1.BEING AWESOME

I found this article once and it made me think there is nothing better than being awesome!

2.DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO DUMB YOU DOWN

As I'm writing this post I am aware that it is entirely possible that it will be months or years before I can actually publish it but I feel compelled to document what I'm feeling and I am almost 100% certain that everyone in life will need this advice at some point or another.

I am very well educated. Not just for my age (although I am extremely well educated for my age - 26) but well educated for anyone's age and it has taken me a long time to stop being embaressed by my education. I used to think I don't want people to think I'm showing off or being condescending to them because I am smart but here are my truths (any maybe you can identify with them):

1.  I am intelligent and a nice person
2. I am educated and a nice person
3. I have worked HARD to become as educated as I am
4. Other people will try to pull me down because they may think I want their job/their money/their life but all I want is to be challenged in my career and to grow.
5. There is nothing wrong with wanting to learn more.
6. There is nothing wrong with asking more questions (including those which relate to your career growth).
7. Some people may try to put you in a box in order for you not to grow but God will show the way.

I know this may seem like an extreme or odd post (ok, maybe rant) but you cannot allow other people to dumb you down by giving you minimal work and/or giving you work that you are too qualified to do

So number 8 would be this - there are certain activites which you are too qualified to do and yes you can do them and you should do them BUT those should not be your only activities.

9. People in the workplace (well, people in general) are vindictive. That is an unfortunate truth. I am the kind of person that can change a work environment and be all bright and shiney but the truth is that there will still be people in the department/company that will not like you for those things - which is fine BUT they will pretend to like you which is where the 'vindictiveness' comes in!


3. 7 THINGS THAT ENTERTAIN ME

After my earlier post, I feel compelled to remind you that I am not going to allow myself to emotionally hoard and instead, I wanted to share things that entertain or make me happy

1.My Family and friends

    2.TV (including watching Football)Fashion Police and especially reruns of FRIENDS

    3. Solving problems
    This is the nerd in my coming out but I think it may equally be the fighter in me as well....

    4. Good Food

    5.Reading blogs
      6. Traveling and meeting people from other places (includes those who are not from Johannesburg)
        7.When people talk to themselves in public. My dad is one of these people, in fact I remember, clearly, that once my mom, dad and I were the only ones home and my mom and I were talking in the kitchen and then I heard my dad talking. When I asked her was he talking to us, she said "no he's talking to himself" and if that was not strange enough... picture my dad,

        4. BRAVE,DUMB OR STUPID

        This is the title of the post I started when I arrived in Germany for my Eurotrip. But the title is as far as it got....

        5. COINCIDENCES

        I met someone a while ago, and then a couple of years later I met this person again - randomly... was it a coincidence? Is there such a thing as a coincidence or is it serendipity? Does Serendipity even exist?

        6. I ALWAYS WANT TO BE HONEST

        I always want to be honest. I am to be honest in my day to day life but I also want to be honest here - in my web world so I think it is only fair to share some of my thoughts on a topic which has been playing on my mind A LOT. Well, since my Eurotrip.

        7. THREE THINGS THAT SURPRISED ME THIS WEEK

        This is a completely unplanned post but

        Today I was told that I am fearless which is funny because it is the one thing I would never call myself.

        8. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

        I feel like posting but just don't know what exactly I want to blog about. So I thought why not introduce a new series about What would you do... I'm not exactly sure where this series will go but I thought why not just go with it, for now..

        WHAT WOULD YOU DO if you could spend a day without being questioned by society (or your family.. or whoever you think judges you)

        Even as I typed this, I'm not sure where I am going with this train of thought.

        When I was younger I used to be a lot more, brash, I suppose so I

        9. THREE THINGS I'VE BEEN THINKING OF

        1. Why are more people not loving the TV series, Betrayal. I am absolutely loving this show and no one else seems to be watching it...

        2.

        10. THINK.. THINKING... THOUGHT
        I am a thinker.
        To be more accurate, I am an over thinker! I am 

        11.MUSIC THERAPY - IS IT JUST THE PINK FLUFFY STUFF?

        I love music, all types of music and at all times in the day.
        I don't think there's ever been a day in my life when I thought "No more music!"

        12. Coming and going but who are you sending?

        Trust is important…but naivety is dangerous."
        This quote is courtesy of The Single Woman Blog and deeply resonated with me as soon as I read it. It made me think how often I have been upset by "people betraying me"but then it got me thinking... a person can only hurt you as much as you allow them too. Yes, I've heard this saying a number of times but truly understanding it made me look at life differently.
        I have a lot of people in my life that I refer to as "takers" the people who are my friends because I have something that they want whether it be free legal advice, money or just company when they are bored - there are many versions of "takers"and you may be able to recognise some of them in your own life. I think it's important to recognise relationships for what they are and understand that not every person you meet is as genuine as they present themselves to be BUT in the same light there is no need to be suspicious of everyone around you either.
        I think it's important to allow yourself to open up to others especially new people because it is important to show your real self as soon as possible otherwise you might end up being the person who is not what you seem.
        I am a very lucky individual and have friends in my life who have been a friend for over 20 years. (Just in case you forgot, I am only 26 years old! So 20+ years of friendship is extremely impressive).
        I say all this to say…SET BOUNDARIES, with your heart, your time, your LIFE. Not everyone who knocks on the door of your life should be allowed in.
        Not everyone has good intentions. This is not to say you should barricade your heart behind a brick wall and never allow anyone in…but you do owe it to yourself to protect yourself.

        13. 3 THINGS - EVERYONE SHOULD DO IN CAPE TOWN

        I'm starting this list at three things but truth is i'm certain I will have issues reducing them to 7!
        1. Table Mountain - this is one of the new 7 World wonders as off 2012 and why wouldn't it be? While I lived in Cape Town, our balcony had the BEST view of the mountain, it was the way my mom and I used to know if it was going to be a good day or a bad one. I suggest you visit Table Mountain and if you're up for the activity you should hike it. I did it once and it was exhausting but compeltely gratifying. You should l


        SO..... WHICH ONE SHOULD I HAVE ACTUALLY PUBLISHED?




        No comments: