Sunday 19 January 2014

Someone is getting older...

I mentioned the other day that it's my birthday soon. Well soon is the upcoming Tuesday, as in TWO days time. I'll be 27 years old. I know, I'll say it again so it sinks in, I'll be 27 years old! How the heck did that happen?

So my birthday has been playing on my mind a lot (obviously) and I got thinking, at what stage did I stop being extremely THRILLED for birthdays and new years with new beginnings to now, anxious, nervous and scared. However, I think I have it sort of figured out. 


My 25th birthday was the hardest birthday yet because it was a milestone which ended up being a pebble in retrospect 

When I was younger, I had set these (somewhat unrealistic) goals for myself that by 21, I would be A and 24 I would B etc and then I didn't meet those goals and it's ok that I didn't because had I met them I would have been a completely different person to who I am now and while I am not the "perfect" (almost ) 27 year old Natalie, I think on most days I like myself and the person I have developed into. And while I definitely don't have it all together and I am not the married with 2.5 kids living in my dream house, I have accomplished things I would have never thought possible. At all.

Do you get this way about your birthdays? How do you usually feel about them?


No comments: