Thursday 12 September 2013

Blogtember : Thursday, 12 September 2013 : Social Media



Thursday, September 12: Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you.

I wish I could be one of those people that could say - "I haven't changed"or "I don't care what my social media status says about me" but that would be a BIG FAT LIE!

I definitely find myself editing myself because, you never know who will come accross your profile, whether it is Facebook, Instagram or Twitter..

Also, I definitely make sure the photos that are put up are more "facebook" ready whereas when I joined facebook way back when, I didn't care...

Now all my pictures need to be "pretty" enough or my profiles can't appear to rawcous in case a potential bf or boss come accross it.

There is definitely some pressure on how you are perceived on social media but I must be honest, I tend to be more myself on twitter than on Facebook purely because I have a lot of family on my facebook page and often on twitter I'll be really active and then really quiet which is more indicative of my mood. Sometimes I won't even post links of my blog onto Facebook because I don't want people too close to me reading them.

However, I must admit that I am extremely grateful for Social Media, it's been the easiest way for me to keep in touch with friends all around the world and allowed for travel acquaintances to become great friends!

Blogging on the other hand has been amazing for me! I have always felt like I had sooooo much going on in my head and now that I've started blogging I am definitely finding ways of expressing them or getting my thoughts out into the world....

Has social media changed you? How would you say it has? Why did you join it?

No comments: