Wednesday 18 September 2013

947 Joburg Day 2013

I have wanted to attend a Highveld Joburg day for the last 10+ years but every year for whatever reason I have always missed it.

Well not this year! After arriving back from my Euro Trip my mother told me she hadn't bought the tickets and to say I was upset would be putting it mildly... However, being the awesome mom that she is.. she pulled a few strings and asked a few favours and off I went to Joburg Day.

 
 


Joburg day, for those who aren't sure what I'm referring to, it's a day which one of the main radio stations in Johannesburg host a music festival with only local artists.

The music festival left me buzzing and feeling extremely proudly South African! Here are the Acts which performed.

 
The crowd was incredible, we stood for over 11 hours... The organisers handed out water which resulted in a water fight which we definitely needed at 30 something degree weather!




We missed the first Act which was Connell Cruise but while walking in he was performing this song:


While there were many great acts my favourites were:

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
Have you been to Joburg Day? Or what Music festivals have you attended?
 
 
 

No comments: