Tuesday 10 September 2013

Blogtember : The moment it all changed


In keeping with the Blogtember challenge here's what you're in for today :

Tuesday, September 10: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.

While I can honestly say that there are many moments I could tell you about... I decided the most distinct moment that I will always remember which is also extremely personal was when I was 10 years old and the shop my family owned was robbed on a Sunday evening in April 1997.

My father, mother, brother and I were closing early because we wanted to go to church that evening. I remember that evening so well... excruciatingly so.While I won't go into details of it, the thing that pushed my life in a different way was trust. From that night on, I think my ability to trust others became questionable and I learnt to trust my instincts so when I sense something is off I know trust it.

Perhaps it helped me develop my sixth sense or perhaps it just made the reality of crime more tangible in my life. Either way, that's the moment I learnt to trust my instincts and myself.

Whooooooo that was a serious post! Sorry about that!

No comments: