Tuesday 13 August 2013

Book Review: Something Blue by Emily Giffin

I know I am late with my July 2013 book review but this is a product review and a book review in one, does that get me off the hook?



I purchased the e-Book from Amazon for Something Blue at the beginning of July 2013 and I must admit, I was soooooo excited. I LOVED Something Borrowed (to many of my friends' dismay) I actually enjoyed Rachel and Dex and really wondered if I was capable of liking Darcy in this novel.


So I won't go into specifics about the plot other than what the blur says... Darcy, now pregnant from Marcus, goes through some stuff which makes her want to leave Manhattan (Gasp!) and go to London. She goes to see Ethan, her and Rachel's childhood friend and I found it difficult at first to like Darcy but I must admit as the story progressed, I found myself standing on the sidelines shouting for her to get what she wants.

I also like that the book made reference to South Africa (Whoop Whoop!) and a "Natalie" ... isn't that just perfect?

I would recommend this book for anyone who is looking for a chic lit. Nothing to stress you out, you will be angry and happy and cry but all in all you will enjoy the no effort factor, if that's what you're looking for.

Also, this was my first e-Book, and I must be honest I found it O-K but I much prefer my books however until I have my own place with a library I might not have a choice as to what I read or not.

Have you read this book before? Have you read any of Emily Giffin's novels? What do you think I should read next? Do you prefer e-Books to paperback novels?

3 comments:

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I love Emily Giffin's books, especially this series! I've always been a paperback fan but lately have been getting more content with my Kindle :)

Nats ~Coral Tinted Perceptions said...

I may have to give the e-reading another try but I will be doing so reluctantly ... x

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

I havent read a good book in a while. and sadly now a days my taste in books have changed. I dont get as many by mail like I use to and i have all these books that dont appeal to me. I wish I had the money b/c I'd definitely find people who wanted em and send em to them.