Friday 9 January 2015

Alacrity



I'm not sure if you remember but at the beginning of last year there was a trend of posts going round where bloggers were almost setting their goals or the tone for the year ahead and my choice was to Be Present. This year I gave this some serious thought because it worked for me to come back to my main focus for 2014. 

This year I wanted to be anti-procrastination and I had to search for a word that fully encompassed this and Alacrity is the word. The meaning is simply:

1. Cheerful willingness, eagerness
2. Speed or quickness; celerity

This is what I want for myself. I hate that I procrastinate so much so I think if I make a conscious effort to completely opposite it then I'll be 1000 times better than I've ever been.

So, what's your word for the year?



8 comments:

ohshellsbells said...

can I steal alacrity from you? I like that word a lot, and forgot it was part of my vocabulary!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I don't have a word of the year but I like yours! I learned a new word today :)

A Very Sweet Blog said...

i procrastinate too! it's a habit i need to break. my word for the year is relax.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Beth W said...

Interesting choice! When I hear 'alacrity', I think 'haste'. But eagerness is a nicer interpretation. :)
Mine is Prosperity. Which is more of an outcome than a trait, but I want to stay focused on it anyway.

Kay R. said...

Great word for the year :)

One Stiletto At A Time said...

Love this and the message behind it!

xoxo One Stiletto At a Time

Vanessa said...

Great post. ;-)
Have a nice week...

Diva Desle said...

Love this darling! I think I need to stop being afraid this year and dare to try new things and go the extra step even if I fall.