Friday 12 December 2014

I Finally Get It

I finally get it, the reason why blogland was so quiet during the middle of the year. Summer makes it difficult to blog because there's so much going on.
For most of you, you know I'm from South Africa so we are in the middle of summer and that means fun in the sun, cocktails and loads of socializing.
Yesterday when I logged onto my bloglovin feed I had 131 unread blog posts. I've only ever had more unread posts from when I went to Europe for two weeks. I'm stumped because honestly, I don't think I'm going to be able to read everything and do EVERYTHING I need to get done before 2015 closes on us.
So I thought I should update you guys on what's happening..
~ My brother's wedding is just over 50 days from now and there's loads to do from a bridesmaid POV as well as sister of the groom. Including bachelorette planning to finalizing accommodation for out of town guests.
~ I've recently moved into a new place which is awesome but daunting because there is so much to do. I have also realised that my OCD nature is through the damn roof! I really need to sort this ish out because I will go cray trying to keep everything spotless.
~ I've started a new venture and while it's picking up slowly but surely it's also hard but I'm loving it which is an incredible feeling. I love being busy with something I love doing.
~ I cannot even comprehend the fact that 2014 is just about done and dusted. I knew that it was going to be a challenging year but the challenges have been so different than what I imagined it would be and I feel like the days are literally running away from me.
~ I just realized I haven't bought a single Christmas gift and don't have a single clue as to what I'm getting anyone!
Anyway, I'm hoping to pop around here more but the next few days are ridiculously booked up - please still love me in my absence!
Also, do you know of any fun link ups happening? I need some inspiration to blog peeps ;)

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Love reading this post, you're so right about us South African's spend time outdoors sipping on cocktails, just trying to lighten our spirits. We had a lot going on this year, with the whole Oscar trial and are the rest.

www.socialmediablooms.com

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

So jealous that it is summer for you right now. Sounds like things are busy but good. Bachelorette planning is always hard but usually fun in the end :)

Kay R. said...

My sis in Aus is in the middle of summer too which is so odd to me!! But then again I live in perpetual summer so nothing is really odd is it! haha ... moving is fun but also stressful (aka packing) you seem to have good stuff going on so enjoy it and mark all as read!

Laura @MissLauraBora said...

Hey Natalie :) I've tagged you to do the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award! I hope you get a chance to do it x
http://misslaurabora.blogspot.ie/2014/12/sisterhood-of-world-blogger-award.html