Tuesday 23 September 2014

Easy To Make : Microwave Pecan Nut Fudge

While everyone is getting ready to go summer body ready mode I wanted to share a recipe for an easy and quick cheat snack. One of the nights last week I was dying to have some fudge but we didn't have any at home (thankfully) and usually if I'm craving something sweet I can just let the craving pass after a few minute but this one was persistent.


So when I woke up I sent out for the ingredients and then made it. Once small piece was all I needed to fulfill my craving and a week later, the fudge is still around! 

Pecan Nut Fudge
Required:
Microwave
Microwaveable large bowl
Heat resistant dish (square or rectangle)

1 Tin x Condensed Milk – Full Cream
500ml x Castor Sugar
125 g x butter
5ml x vanilla essence
100g x pecan nuts (chopped)

~    Combine sugar, condensed milk and butter in bowl place in microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until butter has melted



~  Remove from microwave and mix well
~ Put bowl back into microwave for 10 minutes, stopping it every few minutes to mix
~  When the mixture starts to look a light caramel colour (around 6.30 min – 7 min) add in vanilla essence and nuts – mix well! 
~  Leave on for another minute and a half to two minutes
~   Remove and place in cool rectangle/square container which is lined with spray and cook
~ Place in fridge until set
~ Remove after two hours and indent pieces or leave it longer for  a more rustic sizing.


If you try it, let me know how it goes!

Have an awesome day!



4 comments:

Jackie @ Our Nashville Life said...

I'm not sure if you get Rachel Ray over there? She has cooking shows that air in the US. She has recipes for 8-minute fudge that are similar. I love making it!

Victoria said...

Will give this a try! Yum! :)

www.socialmediablooms.com

Vanessa said...

OMG, such a yummy recipe. *__*
Lovely greets Nessa

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe Nat! Looks so indulgent girl!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/