Sunday 23 June 2013

Soulful Sunday : Wishing

No matter who you are, no matter where you come from or how much money you have there is always something (or someone) you wish/long for

For some of us wishing may just form part of our day to day routines like "I wish I could travel the world"  or "I wish I could have had more time with him/her" or "I wish I could land my dream job". However, let's be honest our wishing doesn't necessarily have to be so serious but it's incredible how our thoughts become our words and ours guide our actions

Today in church, the sermon was somewhat similar to what I'm talking about - at the beginning of the sermon he said "be careful what you wish for because you may just get it" and while I won't go into further detail about what the sermon was..  it helped develop my thinking which I went into church with.

You see, when I woke up this morning , I was feeling really despondent about a certain situation where I felt like luck just was not on my side and I felt... uneasy. 

But in church, I was told about this lady, Helen Keller* who was born(or at a very young age) was blind, deaf and mute yet she still manged to obtain a degree and lecture to others. I don't know the full details but I plan on looking up her background online the thing is that amazes me is that against all odds she accomplished what a lot of able bodies persons cannot. How? How did she manage to do that?
 

I think she wished on it... Then did whatever she needed to do to get there.
The question is, how far are we willing to go out of our comfort zone to get our heart's desire?
 

No comments: