Monday 24 March 2014

While we weren't watching

You know that feeling of missing a couple of episodes of your favouite TV show and when you finally get to watch it so much has changed. Even though you've managed to read the updates online and heard all about it from your friends who are also faithful about watching the show but when you finally switch the TV on.. hear the familiar TV tune you soon realise so much has changed.



That's how I feel about a certain relationship(s) in my life.

I mean, I know the person (we'll work with singular because it's easier) - well and yet their reactions are so different to what I expect or how I have come to know.

I almost feel as if I never knew the person or watched the show and just can't seem to get back into it.

I think it's hard to understand because I don't think I am the one who has changed in the relationship therefore I find myself questioning at what stage did this happen? Did I do something wrong to this person? Was this unavoidable? Was my affinity to protect them - which was necessary - the way I lost them?

Clearly there's a lot going on in my head as always but while I deal with it let me go back to watching something that's constant and predictable like re-runs of One Tree Hill knowing that Lucas will always go back to Peyton or with the Bold and the Beautiful where Brooke and Taylor will always passively hate one another because despite the fact that it's predictable at the very least, I can take comfort in the fact that, that hasn't changed while I turned away for the TV...





Have a terrific Tuesday and thanks for reading my random thoughts.

No comments: