Saturday 1 March 2014

Wallbanger - Blogger Book Club

Firstly, I was slightly frustrated that I finished this book today, 1 March, as opposed to yesterday which was the "deadline". However that's just me being petty.

Moving on, I decided to join the Blogger Book Club on Goodreads and for the month on of February the book assigned was Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. I started reading this book without reading the blurb but I'll help you out with one from the Author Ms Alice Clayton herself:

Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.
Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.
Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…
 This summons up the novel well, it's a romance so ChickLit meets somewhat Erotic. Is there a term like ChicRotic? I'm playing around with terms...  The story line was predictable but funny. Entertaining... I think it helped that I was reading this book while reading The Book Thief because whenever that got too heavy and dark I could use this as my bubblegum reading... I especially enjoyed the interchanges between characters via text messages and the chapter where you read all the thoughts in one short car ride is simply hilarious.
Anyway, head on over to Kay's The Best of Intentions to check out everyone who has linked up with their review. 
Have read this book or any ChicRotic ?? If you want, feel free to join the Blogger Book Club, you don't necessarily have to be a blogger to join.

No comments: