Tuesday 4 March 2014

Movie Addict : February Addition

Another month, another lot of movies. Here are some of the movies I watched :

Jack Ryan : Shadow Recruit

I ended up watching the movie because the movie house I was at didn't have anything else I hadn't watched or wanted to watch. The movie was ok, forgettable as the story line was one I have watched a million times before but it was a nice movie, for the moment - no need to rush out and watch it 

12 Years A Slave

I wanted to read the book before watching the movie but it became a challenge because there were three movies I wanted to watch and all three were based on books. I made a judgment call that I wouldn't read this one. The movie was good. I really enjoyed it but similar to A Long Walk To Freedom, knowing that actions illustrated in the movie are based on true events made it extremely difficult to watch. It was sad and didn't help me come to terms with the fact that people could (and still can) feel such hate to another person based on the colour of a person's skin. 

The cast is brilliant and there are so many lessons a person can take away from this movie, I hope you will watch it. It will be difficult at times but I powered through because someone (lots of people) actually lived through that. 



Best Man Holiday

I already gushed about this movie and I swear, although you will cry you will laugh equally hard!

The Book Thief

I eluded to the fact that I didn't like the movie but I enjoyed the book so it was not a complete bust for me but I hope I have saved you from it. While it's not a terrible film it was my least favourite film from my February movies. Although, I realised when I looked back at my review of the book and movie I realised that I didn't mention that I am impressed that the lead actress, manages to look like 11 years old then 14 and then 16 - so well done to the make up artists!

What interesting movies did you watch last month? What are you looking forward to watching this month?


No comments: