175g (6oz) Flora Regular
175g (6oz) self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
175g (6oz) caster sugar
3 extra large eggs
2 tbsps low fat milk
Finely grated rind of 2 lemons
Juice of 2 lemons, strained
115g (4oz) caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Then add the remaining cake ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
2. Spoon the mixture into a greased and base lined 19x12x9cm loaf tin.
3.Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour or until cooked.
4. Take out of the tin and allow to cool on a wire tray.
5. Put the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
6. Whilst cake is warm, drizzle the syrup over so that it soaks into the cake.
Have you ever tried a cake like this? If you make it, let me know how it goes?