Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Blogtember : Tues, 24 Sep 2013 : Review Something

 
Tuesday, September 24: Review a book, place, or product.
 
 
Today's review goes to Tyler Perry's Temptations, Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor.
I hired this movie last night, yes you can still do that but I ended up falling asleep by 9pm and not watching it.
 
 
A couple of months ago when my parents and aunt watched this movie they completely raved about it and said it was "Amazing" "Life Changing" "Eye-opening".. I'm sure you can understand why it is I wanted to watch it.
 
Then the guy at the video shop said "Everyone who had watched the movie took something different from it". So I was clearly intrigued.
 
I won't go into the details of the content of the film but here's the trailer for it....
 
 
While I knew everything that was going to happen (due to my parents who told me) I was still intrigued and it was worth it. I think the movie highlights many different things including but not limited to:
 
* How important image is
* How important it is to pay attention to your partner
* Monogamy should not equal monotony
* If it looks like trouble, trust your instincts!
* When you love someone, you can forgive and forget but it doesn't mean you have to rewind and repeat
* When you chose to settle for something (albeit a relationship, a man, a job etc) you eventually get fed up.
 
Here's a song from the movie which was really interesting...
 
Have you watched the movie? What did you think?
 
As a side note, in South Africa, today is a public holiday - National Heritage Day and in light of all the events happening around the world, Africa and particularly SA, it is nice to take a time out and remember why being South African is great. I have many reasons including traveling to other countries (which I posted about here and here) and realising that South Africans are really nice and friendly and South Africa' local talent is getting more exposure (remember this post?) and mostly I love the fact that there is no "typical" South African because despite everything... we are truly a Rainbow Nation. Charlize and Nelson Mandela are great exports but I think I do my country proud too! 
 



 

4 comments:

Meghan Silva said...

Now I am curious about this movie, but I adore all things Tyler Perry. They always have a such a powerful message to it. Hope you had an awesome heritage day.

Meg | meghansilva.blogspot.com

Natalie Joseph said...

I must be honest Meg, I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch the movie but with so many interesting reviews, it still surprised me. Watch it and tell me what you think???
Heritage day was so chilled, I loved it! Hope you're having a good (short) week :)

Victoria said...

I love Tyler Perry movies, still need to watch this one... xoxo

Natalie Joseph said...

Let me know what you think once you watch it babe! I'd love to hear what you thought?