Friday 21 August 2015

Literally Ladies - Part Two



Ladies I cannot believe another month has passed into this challenge (or at all, really) because it feels like I was just deciding whether I wanted to join the challenge or not just the other day and now... Well now... I've just about finished it! I can't believe I've read 10 well actually I've read more than 10 but I'm still finishing off 2 categories.. 

Also, slight disclaimer for this crappy set up. My laptop is acting up so I'm posting off my phone which means I can't share links to the link up or my previous posts until I get back on to it properly. But I am linking up with Kay, Kari and Kristen! 

So from where I was last time, I've read the following:

1. Paper Towns by John Green this may be swapped into my previous lists for the YA category but I haven't made my final decision.

Paper Towns was totally not what I expected it to be and tbh I was slightly disappointed. It felt as if I've read this story or watched this movie a million times. The geeky boy next door obsessed over the hot girl next door  who used to be friends and then there's a reconnection of some type etc... I found Quentin just downright annoying  with his obsession with Margo and I found I wasn't even rooting for him. I will though, of course go watch the movie because you know... FOMO! 

2. What Alice Forgot by Lianne Moraity... This book was boring me and surprising me simultaneously. Strange I know, but the thing that kept pulling me into it was thinking, "What would my life be like in 10 years time?" It's so odd to think at the natural progression and regression of some relationships and how we don't think anything in our lives will change and then it does. Coincidentally I didn't understand the whole level of how huge Gina's friendship was to Alice and how she could even take her "memories" as her own. I found it bizarre. 

3. Grey by EL James this was surprising too, I thought I would have somewhat enjoyed it because I enjoyed the 50 Shades series but for the most part I didn't! I'm sorry to all the 50 shades fans out there but seeing things through Christian's eyes didn't make me comfortable at all. 

So it seems like I haven't enjoyed my last few books but that isn't true I am truly enjoying them I think it's just because I'm reading so much that my level of expectations is so much higher. 

Also I will tell you I'm very close to finishing Where we belong by Emily Giffin and I am LOVING it! 

That being said, it's 20 minutes later, my laptop is still frozen (not good news) and I have to get back to work! Have an awesome weekend and tell me about your views on the books I've read... Or recommend something and make it good ;) 

Don't forget to check in with the other ladies doing the link up and I'll update this post soon with pics and links and buttons! 

X nats

6 comments:

Kay R. said...

I liked what Alice forgot but Im laughing at you saying it was boring and surprising at the same time. haha

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

good to hear about Where we belong - it's on my list.
i found paper towns annoying as well. i enjoyed it more than looking for alaska, but yeah it was a very 'heard this before' story but with an unsatisfying ending lol and annoying characters

Simply Alexandra // My Favorite Things said...

Two left is not bad at all! I have read all but 4, probably because I got distracted reading two short books that don't count for the challenge. :) I've got a hold on Paper Towns so I hope it is ready soon! XO -Alexandra

Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

Erin of TexErin-in-SydneyLand said...

I really enjoyed Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty, so I want to read What Alice Forgot as well. I quite enjoyed your take on it :)

Dorrie @ Rt 1 US 1 said...

I love your honest opinions of these books that (so far) I've heard nothing but great things about! I like to know the good with the bad before jumping in to new (to me) stuff! Also, just a heads up, I'm giving away a copy of "The Book of Joan" on my blog, which you had mentioned (I think for the July check in) that you may want to read! You should swing by, check out my review, and enter!! Here's the direct link

-Dorrie @ Rt 1 US 1

Kari @ Oh, For The Love Of Stories said...

2 Left? You go!

It's a shame you didn't like Papertowns. I've only read TFIOS by John Green and I loved it so much that I'm terrified to read his others because everyone says how overrated they are. Ah!