Saturday 24 August 2013

Foreign Waters

So I'm typing this post from the train in Germany... I'm currently on my way to another part of Germany from Hamburg. The train ride is going to be five hours which is next to nothing considering that I have now been traveling for over 24 hours.

At the airport in Dubai, when I planed on doing additional posts and sorting my life out I ended up meeting a really awesome girl from Morocco! When I get back or when I have time to do a more serious post I'll post about our conversations.  But the thing is as much as it is daunting to travel and then to travel with a very basic plan it was nice to speak to someone who could distract me from sweating the little things.

I'm already thinking of things I should have done differently and its only Day2 of my holiday but I suppose that's one of the things I want to work on during this time... The ability to let go and trust God to take control! I remember this book I had when I was younger it was daily inspirations by Helen Steiner Rice and the quote or inspirational thought that always stuck out for me was simple - 

God works in ways that a are wonderous and strange there is nothing in life that God cannot change 

Then it linked up with this:

Worrying is like being on a carousel, you keep going around and around but never actually getting anywhere.

I always try to practice this but it's difficult or rather it is trying to let the human side let go and let the spiritual side take charge. Every experience in life changes you whether for the good or the bad but simply put, if you don't change then you will always live with what ifs and I don't know about you, but that is not something I am willing to do.

Are you taking any new chances? Is there anything you're worrying about but not sure how to handle it? What's the worst thing that could happen to you if you take the chance? 

And just to ensure there isn't any posts with no pictures ... I just had this ice-cream which I haven't seen in South Africa and its awesome! Have you had it before?
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it really refreshing to read your blog, keep up the good work and keep us posted!